Mosaic Fountain 1882T
Description: Moroccan mosaic fountain was made by our artisans. Supplied with Brass spout and proper plumbing for full water cycle. Made in two main components for ease of installation and transportation.
AS Shown: Approx. 37" wide x 71" high. Basin height is 18" (included in total height). 940 mm w x 1800 mm H. Basin 45 cm H.
Custom size: We can also make this fountain in your own size, shape, application (floor or wall fountain), mosaic type, scale and colors. We will handle everything from design, drawings, making of the mosaic and assembly into a fountain that will be made just for you and will be delivered to your home. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications: Indoors and outdoors, gardens, patio, hotel, spa, etc.
Price: Item priced per unit
Minimum Order: You can order as many as you like as long as you are patient while we are making extra fountain for you.
How to Order
A- Select colors your fountain
- As shown in main product photo. Natural #15 and white #19
- Custom colors. Select your color combination from our numbered color palette. When you chose custom colors, we will work with you or you designer in order to achieve your desired coloration once we receive your order.
- Air freight: 5 days approx.
- Ocean freight: 6 weeks approx.
Production: 4 to 8 weeks approx depending on size
Returns: This Fountain sale is final and we will not accept any returns.
This Moroccan tile is 100% Handmade by highly skilled artisans in Morocco using the same techniques used to make tile and mosaics in the infamous Alhambra Palace in Granada, Spain in the 13th century.
When you order Moroccan tiles, it is always custom made for you.
Understanding the basics of Zellij production process will help you plan ahead of time and will make you appreciate more your product knowing what it takes to make it for you.
- Tile is handmade in Morocco with a production timeline between 2 to 8 weeks depending on the nature of the mosaics, season of the year, production log, etc
- Samples’ approval process easily takes people an average of 2 to 3 weeks unless it’s all virtual with photos.
- Ocean freight is the most economical solution, however it does take an average of 4 to 8 weeks approx. and it works best for clients who order in advance.
- Express air shipping is the best available option for air shipping currently. It is door to door with a timeline of 5 to 7 days.
01 - Preparation of the clay
||Once collected from the quarries of Fez, the clay is mixed in large basins and let sit for at least 48 hours until a homogeneous paste is formed.|
02 - Sun drying and shaping
|The clay is shaped into rectangle with wooden molds measuring of 10 cm by 20 cm or 4" by 8". These bricks of clay are then dried in the hot sun for a few days.|
03 - Molding
Once sundried, the rough clay bricks are manually cut in two distinct shapes, 5 cm by 15 cm or 2" by 6 " for the terracotta family and 10 cm by 10 com or 4" by 4" for the zellij family. The later is the base for all our handcut ceramic and mosaic tiles.
04 - Baking
The shaped and formed clay is sundried for a second time in the shade, then baked firstly at low temperature. Once the moisture is completely out, the kiln is fired at high temperature to bake the tile. This process takes a few weeks.
First production step results in two product families:
05 - Glazing
Natural terracotta and Zellij are both glazed using the same old techniques of dip glazing.
06 - Baking (again!)
After the glaze has been applied, the tiles are stacked like a deck of cards inside our traditional beehive kiln for a second baking.
07 - Manual cutting
The final glazed tiles are then cut into specific shapes from basic square tiles to more complex geometric shapes.
08 - Mosaic assembly
This is the last step of production where your mosaics are assembled in either interlocking units or custom fitted based on client’s choice.
09 - Shipping
This is the last step of production where your mosaics are scheduled for shipping after cleaning, quality control and packing.