Mosaic wall fountain 2401
Description: Moroccan mosaic wall fountain 2401
Center pattern is a 24 pointed star mosaic in a traditional Fez coloration.
Size: As shown 1700 mm wide x 2200 mm high, 67 inches wide x 86 inches high. Can Also made in your dimensions.
Availability: Made to order as show or custom with option to change the shape, mosaics, size and colors based on your project
Design services offered complementary with every mosaic fountain order and include:
- Drawings and visuals of the fountain based on your space dimensions.
- Elevation view plans
- Section view and details
- Plumbing and electrical details
- Control samples of the mosaics used
- Mosaics details and installation kit
- Assistance to your contractor during installation
We can also provide an artisan to handle onsite installation for a fee.
Timeline: 6 weeks minimum depending on quantity including production and shipping timelines
Colors: As shown or custom
- Indoors and outdoors
- Residential and commercial
- Garden, patio
- Hotel, resort, spa, restaurants
Returns: This beautiful Moroccan mosaic tile fountain will be made especially for you. Therefore this sale is final and we will not accept any returns
Questions: contact us or send us an email to email@example.com
Our Moroccan mosaic tile fountains are 100% Handmade by highly skilled artisans in Morocco using the same techniques used to make tile and mosaics in the infamous Alhambra Palace in Granada, Spain in the 13th century.
When you order Moroccan tiles, it is always custom made for you.
Understanding the basics of zellij production process will help you plan ahead of time and will make you appreciate more your product knowing what it takes to make it for you.
- Tile is handmade in Morocco with a production timeline between 2 to 8 weeks depending on the nature of the mosaics, season of the year, production log, etc
- Samples’ approval process easily takes people an average of 3 weeks unless it’s all virtual with photos.
- Ocean freight is the most economical solution, however it does take an average of 4 to 8 weeks approx. and it works best for clients who order in advance.
- Express air shipping is the best available option for air shipping currently. It is door to door with a timeline of 5 to 7 days.
01 - Preparation of the clay
||Once collected from the quarries of Fez, the clay is mixed in large basins and let sit for at least 48 hours until a homogeneous paste is formed.|
02 - Sun drying and shaping
|The clay is shaped into rectangle with wooden molds measuring of 10 cm by 20 cm or 4" by 8". These bricks of clay are then dried in the hot sun for a few days.|
03 - Molding
Once sundried, the rough clay bricks are manually cut in two distinct shapes, 5 cm by 15 cm or 2" by 6 " for the terracotta family and 10 cm by 10 com or 4" by 4" for the zellij family. The later is the base for all our handcut ceramic and mosaic tiles.
04 - Baking
The shaped and formed clay is sundried for a second time in the shade, then baked firstly at low temperature. Once the moisture is completely out, the kiln is fired at high temperature to bake the tile. This process takes a few weeks.
First production step results in two product families:
05 - Glazing
Natural terracotta and Zellij are both glazed using the same old techniques of dip glazing.
06 - Baking (again!)
After the glaze has been applied, the tiles are stacked like a deck of cards inside our traditional beehive kiln for a second baking.
07 - Manual cutting
The final glazed tiles are then cut into specific shapes from basic square tiles to more complex geometric shapes.
08 - Mosaic assembly
This is the last step of production where your mosaics are assembled in either interlocking units or custom fitted based on client’s choice.
09 - Shipping
This is the last step of production where your mosaics are scheduled for shipping after cleaning, quality control and packing.